Monday, April 20, 2009

Day Nine: At Sea

Whew, I reviewed yesterday's account before I started this one and I got shivers reading it! So it is a blessing to say we had a totally uneventful peaceful tranquil day on the Pacific Ocean. Maybe not much to report blog-wise but I certainly enjoyed the day.

We are at seven degrees latitude. Now that is south. Well, maybe not as south as south of the equator but very south for being in the Northern Hemisphere. It is lovely to be on the veranda in the lounge chair and then duck into the living room and look at the GPS map on the big plasma tv. We could tell we are getting close to the Canal even without the navigational aids because all of a sudden the ocean is full of ships. Usually there is noone near us at all. Today we saw five ships in the distance, all, I guess waiting to funnel into the passage to the Atlantic (Caribbean). By the end of the day, we are rounding Panama and are due to the first lock at 0830.

To while away the lovely day, we stretched, did step aerobics (even Bennett!), and sweated out in the Persian Baths. That is herbal steam room, sahara sauna, turkish steam room, and many types of showers in between. But no time to linger on the heated mosaic tile lounge chair as another bridge class in the offing. Luckily, we can take breakfast in the card room and the croissant with ham and cheese is delicious even though I don't like croissants or ham . . . much. ;-)

I go to the spa for a scalp massage, a neck and shoulder massage, and shampoo and blow dry. The beautician is from South Africa and has a 16 year old daughter at home with her parents. So many of the crew do this. Now more lounging on the veranda and hot tub. Pilates and an information session on "facial rejuvenation." I see the wrinkles, creases, and folds I did not even know I had. Ignorance was bliss. ;-)

Dinner at the main dining room. I broke down and had the chateau briand for dinner - Hector recommended it - but the cod fritter appetizer was delicious too. Did I mention that the ceasar salad on board is like no other ceasar salad I have had? We have gotten very used to our eclectic dining companions and there is always something for Bennett and me to comment on later.

What else today, ah yes, strolling through the shops, the lounges, etc. etc. My cruise wardrobe has turned out swimmingly. I wish you all could be here to see me!

2 comments:

  1. One can only look forward to the lovely photos to follow when you're surrounded by all the technological comforts of home! Until then, though, doesn't sound like we're missing a thing...your foodie descriptions have gotten much better and can't wait to hear about the locks, love! Love, glynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there to see you! I am sure you look lovely, as you always do. The food sounds delicious, ceaser salad is one of my favorites! And, all the pampering, the massages and Persian baths. So Costa Rica just added a touch of drama. love speedy.

    ReplyDelete